Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Lead/Manager/Director
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full-time
UrbanTrans manages various transportation programs throughout North America. The successful senior program specialist candidate will work on company-wide programs with a focus on Atlanta-specific projects, including serving in a Program Manager role for a key Transportation Management Association in Atlanta. As a consulting firm, our open position is the perfect fit for a self-motivated, problem solver that enjoys leading organizations, consulting on a variety of projects and developing and implementing great strategies founded in behavior change amongst a diverse and rewarding client-base.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Leading a Transportation Management Association in a highly visible key activity center in Atlanta
- Showcasing advanced knowledge of principles and strategies that create measurable transportation behavior change including:
- Transportation Demand Management
- Human/social behavior change
- Organizational development
- Developing, overseeing and delivering innovative, in-depth pilot projects with key audiences including workplaces, commuters, and residents
- Recruiting and building productive relationships with employers, ranging from C-suite executives to Human Resource or other managers. Leading employer recruitment tasks to engage new workplaces and nurturing relationships that support great workplace transportation programs
- Leading, planning and when necessary staffing outreach events such as transportation fairs, expos, tabling, lunch and learns, for a variety of client types
- Leading data collection and managements tasks required to inform program measurement and evaluation, with a strong data-led approach to decision making
- Leading the day to day program delivery for full-service TDM programs, including:
- Resource and time management of project scope
- Leading and delegating tasks amongst a project team while ensuring quality control
- Managing, trouble-shooting, and pivoting strategy implementation
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders such as employer partners, funders, and transportation agencies/service providers.
- Reviewing program metrics to identify progress towards goals
- Assistance with program/campaign development and responsible for implementation
- Prepare and facilitate client /funder meetings, presentations, and reports
- Effective communication amongst multiple audiences, from individuals to executives
- Conduct all aspects of workplace commuter program delivery (site evaluations, employee surveys, etc)
- Managing communication strategies and working with team members to ensure quality control and assurance of all messages and outputs
- Managing and supervising direct-reports
- Tracking and leading area business development opportunities, RFPs, RFQs and other relevant activities.
- Communicating a high-level knowledge of regional transportation policies to clients and other stakeholders
- Providing direct support to the department manager(s)/director(s) as well as the wider company management team
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – in a related field
- Four (4) or more years of full-time professional experience, related to TDM, program management, communications, social marketing, behavior change, public relations, and/or community outreach.
- Experience and understanding in travel behavior change programs and TDM program management.
- Project management, including budgeting
- Organizational development experience
- An advanced degree in Marketing, Economics, Social Marketing, Psychology, Geography, Urban Planning and/or Business Management is highly desirable.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with various audiences.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office and CRM tools.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, presentation and public speaking skills, customer service skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to engage professionally with executive level contacts and clients.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
- Knowledge of sustainable transportation industry is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of behavior change concepts and approaches is desirable
- The successful candidate must also possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong aptitude for business development.
Our expertise can carry us all over the country and sometimes the world. Some travelling is required for this position.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Ability to lift, carry and transport 25+ lbs when needed
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kevin Luten at email@example.com by no later than August 15, 2017.
Mandatory: Provide a cover letter that explain show you see your skills being applied to the job overview and overall mission of UrbanTrans.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.