Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Manager, Programs
Pay Rate: $50,000 – $65,000 per year
Position Type: Contract Position (January 8, 2018 – March 31, 2019)
UrbanTrans manages various planning, program implementation and marketing efforts company wide. The successful senior program specialist candidate will work on company-wide projects with a focus on GTHA, including program management and implementation for Smart Commute programs in Toronto and Halton Region. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing industry TMA programs and projects.
- Developing and delivering innovative, in-depth pilot TDM projects to workplaces
- Developing processes to support improved TMA management and program delivery
- Leading, planning and staffing outreach events such as transportation fairs, expos, tabling, lunch and learns, for a variety of client types
- Leading the day to day program delivery for full-service TMA programs, including:
- Program administration and resource management
- Business plan development and implementation
- Recruiting new member businesses to join the TMA
- Prepare for and attend client and funder meetings
- Advanced understanding of and ability to communicate program services to multiple audiences, from individuals to executives
- Conduct all aspects of workplace program delivery (site evaluations, employee surveys, etc)
- Maintain electronic materials, such as project websites using content management systems and creating and distributing email newsletters and e-blasts, using Mail Chimp or similar software programs
- Develop and manage high quality client, member and funder relations
- Tracking and leading area business development opportunities, RFPs, RFQs and other relevant activities.
- Communicating a high level knowledge of regional transportation policies to clients and other stakeholders
- Demonstrating an excellent understanding of social behaviour change principles
- Providing direct support to Program Management Lead and the wider management team
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree – in a related field
- Four (4) or more years of full-time professional experience, related to TDM, program management, communications, social marketing, public relations, and/or community outreach.
- Experience and understanding in travel behaviour change programs and TDM program management.
- An advanced degree in Social Marketing, Economics, Geography, Urban Planning and/or Business Management is highly desirable.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with various audiences. Computer skills including knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office and CRM tools. Must possess excellent communication skills, presentation and public speaking skills, customer service skills, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Must be able to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks. Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of sustainable transportation industry is highly desirable. The successful candidate must also possess an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong aptitude for business development.
Our expertise can carry us all over the country and sometimes the world. Some travelling is required for this position.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Valid Passport
Please send a resume and cover letter to Adam Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday December 1st, 2017.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.