The South Fulton Community Improvement District (CID) is a self-taxing group of commercial property owners working together to facilitate business and community development through transportation improvements. The CID works in partnership with government officials, business professionals and members of the surrounding community. The South Fulton CID was formed in 1999 by business leaders interested in improving freight access to warehousing, manufacturing and industrial sites along Oakley Industrial Boulevard and connectivity to I-85.
The CID is home to a CSX Intermodal Facility and with nearby access to Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson International airport, the CID is a hub of freight and logistics infrastructure. The heart of the CID is its businesses and real estate owners, including Adesa, Clorox, CSX, Exel Inc., Nestle Purina Pet Care, Owens Corning, Porex, Smucker’s, PPG, Electrolux, and U.S. Foodservice and more.
In order to further the South Fulton CID goals of promoting business and community development through infrastructure improvements, the board members must be provided with up-to-date information on regional and local issues, policies and funding opportunities. Members of the CID are also tasked with managing transportation demand, supporting economic development and improving the quality of life in the Oakley area. In order to do this, the South Fulton CID requires staff support to provide technical expertise and to manage the day-to-day operations of the CID and conduct major TDM and freight planning initiatives. UrbanTrans provides administrative and planning services under the direction of the CID board. Services include:
- Act as liaison between the CID and contractors, public officials and other agencies
- Assist with identification and development of transportation projects, including transportation demand management strategies
- Seek and complete grant and funding requests
- Assist and oversee the development of transportation studies and/or projects
- Develop and maintain a web site, marketing materials and other promotional activities
- Manage all aspects of CID board meetings and day to day operations of the CID
- Assist in annexation of properties to the CID
- Maintain financial records
- Promote the district and provide media relations support
- Research land use and transportation issues and policies